Pork Back Ribs with Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 2 racks back ribs, membrane removed
- 1/2 cup Pork Rub, recipe follows
- Olive oil
- Spicy Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 red jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Kosher salt
- Pork Rub:
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons onion powder
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons mild paprika
- 2 tablespoons hot paprika
- 4 teaspoons cayenne
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
DirectionsSpicy Dipping Sauce:
Sprinkle the ribs all over with the rub and rub in well with your hands. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, up to overnight.
Make sure the racks of the grill are set so they are 6-inches above the fire. Preheat the grill to high. When the grill is hot, turn off 1 side, or push the coals to 1 side. Place the ribs, fattier side down, on the cooler side of the grill and close the cover. Cook until browned, about 20 minutes. Turn the ribs over and continue to cook until the bones wiggle easily when twisted, about 1 1/2 hours, turning every 20 minutes or so.
Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Make the Spicy Dipping Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, jalapeno, oregano, and salt and whisk well. Pour into a decorative bowl.
Slice the ribs into desired size and serve with the Spicy Dipping Sauce.Pork Rub:
Mix all ingredients together and stir well.
Yield: about 1 cup
Recipe courtesy Wolfgang Puck, 2004