- 3 pounds pork butt, cubed (with fat)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups Salsa Verde, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 small cans green chiles, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
In a large skillet, add the pork butt, salt, black pepper, lemon pepper, oregano and garlic and cook for 10 minutes. Add the Salsa Verde, cilantro, cumin, green chiles and onions and cook for another 5 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 30 minutes, and then turn down to low and cook for 3 hours to 3 hours 30 minutes.
- 12 tomatillos, husks removed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapenos, stems removed
- 1 serrano pepper, stem removed
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (reserve half)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a saucepan, boil the tomatillos, garlic, jalapenos, serrano pepper and half of the onions in 2 cups of water until the mixture floats to the top of the saucepan, about 30 minutes. Strain out the pulp and reserve the liquid. In a food processor, blend the pulp with the remaining onions, the cilantro, salt and 3/4 cup of the reserved liquid.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.