30 Minute Garlic-Parsley Chicken-Under-a-Brick
- 4 large cloves garlic, cracked away from skin
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, a few generous handfuls
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds (Spanish peeled, toasted nuts available in bulk section of many markets) or, toasted slivered almonds
- 1 lemon, grate 1 tablespoon zest then cut into wedges
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for liberal drizzling
Preheat a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high to high heat and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine the garlic, parsley, almonds and lemon zest in food processor and pulse to grind into a dry paste. Loosen skin on chicken and layer 1/4 of the mixture under the skin on each piece of chicken. Wash your hands, grease the breasts with a liberal drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and season with grill seasoning. Place skin side of the breasts down in the skillet and top with another, smaller skillet. Weight the pan with a brick. Cook to crisp skin, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the pan to hot oven and roast for 15 minutes.