Almond Crusted Chicken Cutlets with Scallion Beurre Blanc
- 2 scallions, whites and greens, very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine - eyeball it
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 8 pieces chicken breast cutlets, 1 1/4 pounds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg, eyeball it
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup light extra-virgin olive oil or vegetable oil, 4 turns of the pan
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into pieces
Combine the scallions, white wine and 2 tablespoons cream in a saucepan over medium heat and reduce to 1/4 cup liquid, 5 to 6 minutes.
While the sauce is working, beat egg and set chicken into it. Combine almonds, bread crumbs, nutmeg, salt and pepper, to taste, in a food processor and grind to combine. Cover a plate with plastic wrap to make for easy clean up after breading and pour almond and bread crumb mixture onto it. Remove chicken from the egg and coat in the bread crumb mixture.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
Heat 3 tablespoons, 3 turns of the pan, oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium to medium high heat. Add cutlets and cook 3 minutes on each side, transfer to a plate and cover with foil and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Whisk 2 tablespoons cream into the sauce, a splash. Lower the heat on the sauce and whisk the butter into pot until it has incorporated. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
Place 2 cutlets on each dinner plate and spoon a little beurre blanc sauce down over top of the cutlets.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.