Asian 5 Spice Barbecued Pork Tenderloins with Mango Citrus Salsa and Scallion Frankie Wraps
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds pork tenderloins, trimmed of fat
- Steak seasoning blend or salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese 5 spice powder (found in spice section or Asian foods section)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup Hoisin prepared Chinese barbecue sauce
- 1 navel orange, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or chives, for garnish
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and pitted, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 ripe lime, juiced
- 20 leaves basil, shredded
- Coarse salt
- Frankie Wraps:
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup water, eyeball it
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon per wrap
- 10 flour tortillas, 8 inches
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Coat tenderloins in steak seasoning or season with salt and pepper. Combine brown sugar and 5 spice powder. Rub sugar and spice over pork. Brush baking dish or broiler pan with oil. Place pork in oven and bake 10 minutes. Combine barbecue sauce with orange zest and juice and sesame oil. Baste meat liberally with sauce and roast meat 15 minutes longer. Remove meat from oven and transfer to a serving platter. Coat meat with sesame and cilantro or chives for color.
Combine mangoes, bell pepper, jalapeno, onion, lime and basil in a bowl. Season with salt, to your taste.
To make Frankie wraps, heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Beat eggs with water and scallions. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil into hot skillet and pour in a little of the egg mixture. Add 1 tortilla, cook 30 seconds, then flip. Cook 15 seconds, then flip tortilla back and cook 15 seconds longer. Remove Frankie wrap from the pan and repeat with remaining ingredients. Pile tortillas in foil to keep warm.
To assemble, thinly slice tenderloins and pile meat and salsa at the edge of a Frankie wrap. Tuck up bottoms and edges and roll.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Celery Root-Apple Puree and Cider Gravy, Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Chile-Coconut Tomato Salad, Cocoa-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Chocolate Tomato Sauce, Deviled Egg Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes, Pulled Pork Recipes, Turkey Breast Recipes, For a Family, Easy Main Dish
Thank you! your flag was submitted.