Bitter Caesar Salad
- 1 rounded teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Coarse black pepper
- 2 small heads or 1 large head escarole, coarsely chopped or torn
- 1 head Treviso (long leaf radicchio) coarsely chopped or torn
- 1 cup store-bought good quality croutons or 2 to 3 slices semolina bread, toasted and cubed
Combine the anchovy paste, mustard, garlic, Worcestershire and lemon juice, stream in olive oil to form dressing then stir in cheese and lots of black pepper. Add lettuce and croutons or cubed toasted bread and toss to combine.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.