Black Bean and Beef Chilaquiles with Fried Eggs
Use any leftover beef brisket from Rachael's Mexican Brisket and Biscuits for this hearty brunch dish.
- 10 corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips
- All-natural olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons Spice Blend, recipe follows
- One 15-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes or diced tomatoes with green chilies
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked chopped beef brisket
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp white Cheddar
- 4 to 6 large or jumbo organic eggs (1 per person)
- Butter, for the skillet
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Thinly sliced fresh Fresno and jalapeno peppers, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Spice Rub:
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweet or smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Arrange the tortilla strips on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Spray the tortillas with cooking spray and sprinkle with the Spice Blend. Bake until crisp and golden, 7 to 8 minutes.
Spread the tomatoes in the bottom of a 12-to-13-inch casserole dish and scatter the beans on top. Top with the tortillas, then the beef, and finally sprinkle with the cheeses. Bake until the filling is bubbling and the top is browned.
Meanwhile, fry the eggs in butter in a skillet. Divide the casserole among plates and serve each portion with a fried egg. Garnish with cilantro, chile peppers and lime wedges.Spice Rub:
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Flank Steak Taquitos with Black Bean Puree, Roasted Pepper Salsa and Cilantro-Tequila Cream, Broccoli Rabe with Black Bean Sauce, Grilled Tuna with Black Bean Chili, Avocado Puree and Fried Tortillas, Easy Mexican, Breakfast, Beef Stew Recipes, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Pepper Steak Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.