Caesar Stuffed Eggs
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
This is the one I am famous for, and it's by far my most requested stuffed egg. It tastes exactly (or, eggs-actly) like a Caesar salad.
- 12 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- A handful grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, just enough to bind
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves, from the heart, finely chopped
Cut the fat rounded ends off the eggs and scoop the yolks into a bowl. Stand the hard-boiled egg whites upright in the egg carton. If you prefer to serve the eggs on a platter, trim a small piece of egg off the pointed ends so they will stand upright.
Break the egg yolks up a little bit using a fork. Grate the garlic directly over the bowl, then add the anchovy paste, Parmigiano, mayo, Worcestershire, lemon juice, pepper and half the finely chopped lettuce. Mash until smooth and check the seasonings.
Fill the egg whites, overstuffing them a little. Garnish with the remaining finely chopped lettuce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.