Chic Greek Salad
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, eyeball it
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball the amount
- 2 cans imported tuna in oil, drained
- 12 pepperoncini hot peppers
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
Arrange the cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and peppers, artichoke hearts and parsley on a platter. Squeeze the lemon juice over the platter, juicing the fruit cut-side-up to keep the seeds from falling into salad. Season with salt and pepper.
Place shallots, vinegar and oregano in a bowl and let stand 5 minutes. Whisk in extra-virgin olive oil in a slow stream. Pour dressing over salad. Garnish salad with chunks of tuna, hot peppers and olives.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.