Crab Cakes with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Crab Cakes:
- 1 cup cracker meal
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 ounces lump crab meat, picked over to remove any shell fragments
- 1 rounded teaspoon crab boil seasoning
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- A handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested, plus 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for garnish
- 1 rib celery from the heart of the stalk, finely chopped
- Several drops Worcestershire sauce
- Several drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or ranch dressing
- Vegetable or canola oil, for frying
- Red Pepper Sauce:
- 1 (8-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, or 1 large freshly prepared roasted red pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise or reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup prepared chili sauce
Place cracker meal in a bowl and make a well in the center of the meal. Beat egg with milk and pour into well. Moisten cracker meal and combine liquid with meal using the tines of a fork. Add crab meat, crab boil seasoning, baking powder, parsley, lemon zest, celery, Worcestershire, hot pepper sauce, and mayonnaise to the bowl. Mix all ingredients well and form into 8 (3-inch) patties. Add 1/2-inch vegetable or canola oil to a skillet and heat to medium high temperature. Fry cakes 3 minutes on each side and drain on paper towel lined plate. Cook 4 cakes at a time, so that oil temp does not drop too low.
Serve crab cakes with sauce and lemon wedges.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.