- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- About 2 2/3 cups chicken stock
- A generous handful dried, sweetened cranberries (recommended: Craisins by Ocean Spray)
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Heat the butter over medium heat in a saucepot. Add the orzo and toast until golden. Stir in the rice, add the stock and cranberries. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Fluff the rice and combine with walnuts and scallions to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray