Devilish Chili-Cheese Dogs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce -- eyeball it
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, a palmful
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 fat or footlong beef franks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 8 hot dog buns, toasted
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar, 1 (10-ounce sack)
Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and meat and season with salt and pepper. Brown and crumble beef. Add Worcestershire, onion, garlic, chili powder and cook together 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and reduce heat to low.
Meanwhile, boil franks in shallow pan to warm through, 5 minutes. Drain water and return pan to medium heat. Score casings on dogs. Melt butter in skillet and hot sauce. Add dogs to pan, browning and crisping the casings in hot sauce and butter.
Place devilish dogs in buns and top with chili and lots of cheese. Place devilish dogs under broiler and melt cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray