Double Dipped Spicy Chicken
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/3 palmful
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, eyeball the amount
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, eyeball the amount
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins
- Salt and pepper
Heat 1 1/2 inches vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat. A cube of bread should brown in a 40 count when oil is ready.
Set out 3 disposable pie tins. Mix flour with paprika, poultry seasoning, cayenne, and allspice. Divide seasoned flour between 2 tins. Pour buttermilk into a tin. Line up tins as such: flour, buttermilk, and then flour.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in flour, then buttermilk, then a second coating of flour.
Cook chicken 6 minutes on each side, until deep golden brown and firm. Drain chicken on paper bags and cool before packing up for picnic basket.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen