Double Dipped Spicy Chicken
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/3 palmful
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, eyeball the amount
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, eyeball the amount
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins
- Salt and pepper
Heat 1 1/2 inches vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat. A cube of bread should brown in a 40 count when oil is ready.
Set out 3 disposable pie tins. Mix flour with paprika, poultry seasoning, cayenne, and allspice. Divide seasoned flour between 2 tins. Pour buttermilk into a tin. Line up tins as such: flour, buttermilk, and then flour.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in flour, then buttermilk, then a second coating of flour.
Cook chicken 6 minutes on each side, until deep golden brown and firm. Drain chicken on paper bags and cool before packing up for picnic basket.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray