Fettuccine with Mushrooms
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh sage leaves or 2 teaspoons rubbed or ground dried sage
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Marsala or dry white wine
- 1/2 cup cream or 1 cup fresh ricotta
- A generous handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A generous handful grated Pecorino Romano
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Salt the water, add the pasta and cook to al dente. Heads up: Remove and reserve 1 cup of cooking water just before draining.
Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and saute until deeply browned and tender, 12 to 15 minutes, adding the garlic, thyme, and sage midway through the cooking. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper, to taste, and a little freshly grated nutmeg. Deglaze the pan with the Marsala and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in the cream, (or if you prefer, top the pasta with a dollop of ricotta at serving time). Stir in the reserved pasta cooking water, about 1 cup if using ricotta, and just enough to thin out the sauce to your liking if using cream.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Fresh Fettuccine with Figs, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese, Fettuccine With Summer Vegetables and Goat Cheese, Chocolate Fettuccine with Peas and Pancetta, Sauteed Mushroom Recipes, Easy Side Dish, Mushroom Side Dish Recipes, Mushroom Risotto Recipes, Easy Roasting, Mushroom Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.