Green Melon Salad
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula or rocket or chopped large arugula leaves
- 1 small, ripe honeydew melon
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
- 2 limes, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Honey or agave syrup, for drizzling
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for liberal drizzling
- Optional ingredient: 1/4 pound thinly sliced speck or prosciutto
Arrange the greens on a platter.
Cut the ends off the melon and stand upright. Trim away rind, in strips, from top to bottom as you rotate the melon. Halve and seed the melon and slice it into 1-inch wedges, then cut into bite-size pieces and arrange them over the bed of spicy greens. Sprinkle with mint and lime juice and season with lots of pepper, to taste. Drizzle very lightly with a hint of honey or agave syrup and dress with a liberal drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
If you would like to add speck or prosciutto, tear it into large pieces and pile it in the center of the salad in a casual mound.
Serve as a first or last course.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray