Grilled Chicken with Arugula Pesto
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds or shelled pistachios
- 1 cup packed fresh arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 small pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast (tenders removed)
Heat a grill pan to high.
Toast the nuts lightly in small skillet over low heat, then add them to a food processor.
Add the arugula, basil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste, and pulse to combine.
With the processor on, stream in the extra-virgin olive oil to form thick pesto.
Lightly pound out the chicken, then rub all sides with the pesto. Spray the grill pan with cooking spray or rub with a little oil and grill the chicken 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
Cook's Note: Serve sliced on top of Caesar Spaghetti or, pile it onto ciabatta bread with sliced tomatoes and mozzarella for an outta-sight sammy.
The Ultimate Barbecued Chicken(00:04:07)
Simply Grilled Chicken Breasts(00:02:24)
Pat's Beer-Can Grilled Chicken(00:03:34)
Neelys' Grilled Jerk Chicken(00:03:40)
Chicken With Basil Dressing(03:27)
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Chicken with Mustard Dill Sauce, Grilled Chicken Salad with Fresh Herbs and Celery on Toasted Rolls, Grilled Chicken and Avocado Napoleons, Salisbury Steak Recipes, Orange Chicken Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Burrito Recipes, Chicken and Dumpling Recipes, Chicken Alfredo Recipes