Grilled Chicken with Arugula Pesto
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds or shelled pistachios
- 1 cup packed fresh arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 small pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast (tenders removed)
Heat a grill pan to high.
Toast the nuts lightly in small skillet over low heat, then add them to a food processor.
Add the arugula, basil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste, and pulse to combine.
With the processor on, stream in the extra-virgin olive oil to form thick pesto.
Lightly pound out the chicken, then rub all sides with the pesto. Spray the grill pan with cooking spray or rub with a little oil and grill the chicken 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
Cook's Note: Serve sliced on top of Caesar Spaghetti or, pile it onto ciabatta bread with sliced tomatoes and mozzarella for an outta-sight sammy.
The Ultimate Barbecued Chicken(00:04:07)
Simply Grilled Chicken Breasts(00:02:24)
Pat's Beer-Can Grilled Chicken(00:03:34)
Neelys' Grilled Jerk Chicken(00:03:40)
Chicken With Basil Dressing(03:27)
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri