Grilled Jumbo Shrimp and Pickled "Gazpacho" Roll-ups
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, ask for "Easy-Peels" at fish counter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon, juiced, plus 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup giardiniera, pickled hot pepper, cauliflower salad, found in jars with Italian foods aisle
- A handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 vine-ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- A few grinds coarse black pepper
- 8 large bibb lettuce leaves (outer leaves), about 1 head
Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to high. Place shrimp in shallow dish. Sprinkle garlic over shrimp. Drizzle shrimp with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Grill 2 minutes on each side, until pink and opaque and head curls towards tail. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over shrimp and remove to platter to cool.
In food processor, coarsely chop the giardiniera vegetables. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the lemon juice, parsley, tomato, and pepper until well combined. To serve, place 2 shrimp in a bibb lettuce leaf and sprinkle some gazpacho sauce over them. Roll them up like a mini-burrito and enjoy!
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Shrimp in Lettuce Leaves with Serrano-Mint Sauce, Grilled Shrimp with Grapefruit BBQ Sauce, Grilled Rosemary Shrimp Skewers, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Flank Steak Recipes, Salisbury Steak Recipes, Fried Chicken Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Roasted Turkey Recipes