Halibut with Raw Puttanesca Salsa
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for liberal drizzling plus 1/4 cup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (1-inch) thick slices crusty bread
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons capers, run your knife through them
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved or cherry tomatoes, quartered
Preheat grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high to high heat.
Coat the fish in extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook fish for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side until firm, cooked through and evenly marked. Char bread on the grill 1 minute on each side.
While fish cooks, in the bottom of a medium bowl, combine anchovy paste, grated garlic, red pepper flakes, zest and lemon juice and whisk in 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Add capers, olives, parsley and tomatoes. Toss and season with black pepper, to taste.
Serve bread topped with lots of salsa and fish.
Fillet of Halibut, served over Olive Oil Roasted Fingerlings, Topped with Pea Shoots and Blood Oranges
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse