Halibut with Raw Puttanesca Salsa
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for liberal drizzling plus 1/4 cup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (1-inch) thick slices crusty bread
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons capers, run your knife through them
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved or cherry tomatoes, quartered
Preheat grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high to high heat.
Coat the fish in extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook fish for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side until firm, cooked through and evenly marked. Char bread on the grill 1 minute on each side.
While fish cooks, in the bottom of a medium bowl, combine anchovy paste, grated garlic, red pepper flakes, zest and lemon juice and whisk in 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Add capers, olives, parsley and tomatoes. Toss and season with black pepper, to taste.
Serve bread topped with lots of salsa and fish.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Brioche and Pesto Crusted Halibut with Portobello Caps, Broccoli, Creamed Fennel and Sun-Dried Tomato Beurre Blanc, "Braised" Halibut with Grilled Corn Cakes, Roasted Halibut with Grapefruit Fennel Salsa, Grilling Recipes, Easy Grilling Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes, Halibut Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes