Halibut with Raw Puttanesca Salsa
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for liberal drizzling plus 1/4 cup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (1-inch) thick slices crusty bread
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons capers, run your knife through them
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved or cherry tomatoes, quartered
Preheat grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high to high heat.
Coat the fish in extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook fish for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side until firm, cooked through and evenly marked. Char bread on the grill 1 minute on each side.
While fish cooks, in the bottom of a medium bowl, combine anchovy paste, grated garlic, red pepper flakes, zest and lemon juice and whisk in 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Add capers, olives, parsley and tomatoes. Toss and season with black pepper, to taste.
Serve bread topped with lots of salsa and fish.