- 1 package dry chocolate chip cookie mix, 1 pound 1 1/2 ounces, found on baking aisle
- 7 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso or instant coffee crystals
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee beans
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks (recommended: Ghiradelli brand)
- 4 ounces walnut pieces
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place racks in center of oven. In a mixing bowl, make a well in the center of dry chocolate chip cookie mix. Add softened butter, egg, Kahlua, instant coffee and ground coffee, chocolate chunks and walnuts. Mix well to combine all ingredients into cookie dough. Scoop with a small scoop or by heaping tablespoons and drop cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased nonstick cookie sheet or sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake cookies in batches 9 to 11 minutes or until crisp and browned at edges. Transfer to wire rack to cool and serve.