Lavosh Smoked Cheese and Ham Pizzas
- 1 package lavosh flat breads, plain or flavored, sliced into 12 pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 pound smoked fresh mozzarella, sliced into 12 pieces
- *If your market does not sell this, substiutute 3/4 pound smoked white cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup arugula leaves, a couple of handfuls, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cover 2 cookie sheets with lavosh. Drizzle lavosh with little extra-virgin olive oil and turn over. Layer cheese on the lavosh. If you are substituting smoked white cheddar, scatter the shredded cheese in an even layer allowing a little of the lavosh to still peek through.
Place bread in oven to melt cheese, 5 minutes. Cut lavosh into squares and dot each square with small ham strips, draping them over the cheese. Scatter chopped greens over pizza squares. Drizzle pizza squares with extra-virgin olive oil and season with black pepper. Transfer to plate and serve.