Linguini with Clam Sauce
Nothing beats fresh clam sauce, unless you're hungry and have only your pantry to work with. This version of a favorite is made entirely[ out of the kitchen cupboard, with the exception of flat leaf parsley, which I most always have on hand.]
- 1 pound linguini
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 4 turns of the pan
- 6 fillets flat anchovies, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, 2 turns of pan
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole baby clams, with their juice
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and the linguini and cook to an extra chewy al dente, 7 minutes or so. The linguini will continue to cook in sauce, later.
To a large skillet heated over medium heat, add oil, anchovies, garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes. Cook together until anchovies melt into oil and break up completely. Add wine to the pan and give the pan a shake. Add clams and their juice. Drain pasta and add it to the clam sauce. Toss and coat the pasta in sauce with clams until the pasta absorbs the flavor and juices, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt, add parsley and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.