Marc Antony's Scampi Wraps
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 24 deveined shrimp, peeled, tails off, if your fish counter won't do this for you, ask for easy-peels (deveined raw shrimp in shell) and just slide the shells off when you bring them home from the market
- 1 teaspoon grill seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal seasoning) or salt and black pepper
- 2 hearts romaine
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 4 fillets, anchovies, chopped, optional
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the bowl
- 4 (12-inch) spinach or sun-dried tomato flavored flour tortilla wraps
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, garlic and crushed pepper flakes. Add shrimp and season with grill seasoning or salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm. Transfer garlic and shrimp to a cutting board and cool 2 minutes. Coarsely chop shrimp and garlic. Wipe out pan.
Chop 2 hearts of romaine and place in a large bowl. Add chopped shrimp and garlic, capers, anchovies lemon zest and juice. Toss salad, then add oil and re-toss. Season with salt and pepper.
Blister tortillas in very hot nonstick skillet or over open flame on gas burner stove top for 15 seconds on each side to soften. Pile 1/4 of the salad onto a wrap. Tuck in sides, wrap and roll. Repeat.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray