Olive Rosemary Crostini
- 2 cloves garlic, cracked away from skin
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small loaf crusty bread, sliced
- 1/4 pound Sicilian oil-cured black, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 pound green olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stems
Heat 2 cloves garlic in oil over low heat in a small skillet. Char bread slices under hot broiler to brown on both sides. Dab charred bread with garlic oil using a pastry brush. Place reserved oil in a small bowl with chopped olives. Place garlic cloves on a cutting board and pile together with capers, red pepper flakes and rosemary leaves. Finely chop garlic and herb mixture. Combine garlic-herb mixture with olives and oil in a small bowl. To assemble crostini, spread olive tapenade on toasts and enjoy!
Thank you! your flag was submitted.