Orange Sherry Mushroom Caps
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound button mushrooms, trimmed of large stems and brushed clean
- 2 crushed cloves garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons medium dry sherry (recommended Dry Sack)
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped, a handful
Preheat a medium skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan and 2 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter has melted add the crushed garlic cloves and the mushrooms, stem end up. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the cap tops are brown. Flip the mushrooms to the other side, add the sherry, orange zest and juice and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and cooked through. Add the parsley to the pan and toss to distribute. Serve hot or room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.