Peas and Carrots Spring Salad
- 1 sack mixed baby greens
- 20 leaves fresh basil, shredded or torn
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Salt and pepper
- Ham Steaks, recipe follows
Combine greens and basil on a platter. Top with arrangement of shredded carrots and peas. Combine shallots and vinegar and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Whisk in extra-virgin olive oil to combine. Drizzle dressing evenly over the salad and season with salt and pepper. Serve with Ham Steaks.Ham Steaks:
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 to 3 large ham steaks, cut in halves
Heat a large skillet, with olive oil. Add the ham steaks and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.