Quick Peaches and Golden Raisins Cobbler
- 5 to 6 cups frozen sliced peaches, any brand, 1 large sack
- 1 package complete biscuit mix (recommended: Jiffy brand)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, eyeball it
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, a couple of pinches
- Pinch salt
- 2 (1-ounce) boxes or 1/3 cup golden raisins, a couple of handfuls
- 1/4 cup, (2-ounce) package, sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place frozen peaches in an 8 by 8 glass baking dish, defrost in microwave for 3 minutes on high. While the peaches are defrosting, make the cobbler topping. In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix with a 1/2 cup of water, stir until thoroughly combined but do not overwork. In another bowl combine 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, pepper, a pinch of salt and raisins. Remove peaches from the microwave and combine with the sugar mixture in baking dish. Top the seasoned peaches with biscuit mix, use your fingers to press out until even. Top the biscuit mix with almonds. Mix remaining cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over the biscuits. Bake until cobbler top is firm and lightly golden and peaches are bubbly and hot, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray