Reverse Marinade, Hot and Sweet Pepper Chicken and Shrimp
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning or Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more liberal drizzling
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails in tact
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning, (recommended: Old Bay)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
Put the peppers under the broiler to blacken evenly all over; leave the oven door slightly ajar to allow steam to escape. (Alternatively char the peppers over an open flame on the stovetop.) Put the peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Cool the peppers in order to handle, peel and seed.
Preheat a grill pan or griddle pan over medium-high heat.
Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper and dried herbs, and coat with a little extra-virgin olive oil. Season the shrimp with the seafood seasoning and toss with a little oil as well.
Grill the chicken 6 minutes on each side. Grill shrimp 3 minutes on each side. Toss the chicken and shrimp with the marinade and serve hot or cold or at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Hot Pepper Chicken Under a Brick with an Orange and Poppy Seed Dressed Salad, Hot and Sweet Pepper Curry Sauce with Chicken, Lamb or Beef, Portobello Mushroom, Hot and Sweet Pepper Ragu with Pappardelle, Oven Fried Chicken Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Jerk Chicken Recipes, Chicken, Sweet And Sour Chicken Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes