Reverse Marinade, Hot and Sweet Pepper Chicken and Shrimp
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning or Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more liberal drizzling
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails in tact
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning, (recommended: Old Bay)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
Put the peppers under the broiler to blacken evenly all over; leave the oven door slightly ajar to allow steam to escape. (Alternatively char the peppers over an open flame on the stovetop.) Put the peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Cool the peppers in order to handle, peel and seed.
Preheat a grill pan or griddle pan over medium-high heat.
Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper and dried herbs, and coat with a little extra-virgin olive oil. Season the shrimp with the seafood seasoning and toss with a little oil as well.
Grill the chicken 6 minutes on each side. Grill shrimp 3 minutes on each side. Toss the chicken and shrimp with the marinade and serve hot or cold or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse