- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan in a slow stream
- 1/4 to 1/3 pound salami, deli sliced or whole mini, Genoa, dry or sopressata, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 to 3 scallions, chopped, 1/4 onion may be substituted
- 1 plum tomato or 1 vine tomato, seeded and chopped or 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomato -- your preference or, depending on what you have on hand
- 8 large eggs
- 4 ounces your choice of: Boursin garlic and herb cheese, crumbled, alouette garlic and herb cheese (4 rounded spoonfuls), crumbled feta cheese, crumbled herb goat cheese again, whatever your preference and whichever you have on hand
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
- Chopped or torn basil leaves, for garnish, optional
Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium to medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and salami. Cook salami until it renders some fat and starts to turn a deep burgundy color, 2 minutes. Add garlic and stir 30 seconds, then add scallions or onions and cook 1 or 2 more minutes. Add tomatoes and cook another minute. Scramble eggs with cheese, a little salt and a generous amount of pepper. Add eggs to pan and scramble it all up together. Serve scrambles with parsley and/or basil garnish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.