- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, a wedge
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 stalks rhubarb, trimmed and chopped, about 1/2 pound yield
- Handful golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 4 (8-ounce) boneless, center cut pork loin chops
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef stock
- 2 tablespoons strawberry, blackberry or raspberry all-fruit preserves (recommended: Polaner)
In a medium skillet over medium heat melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add sugar, lemon juice, vinegar and bring to a bubble. Add rhubarb and raisins and cook 10 to 12 minutes until rhubarb is tender. Turn off the heat and set aside until the pork chops are done.
Place a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. When the oil smokes or ripples, add chops, season with salt and pepper and cook 6 minutes on each side. Remove the chops and keep warm under foil tent while the meat rests. Add remaining butter to pan, when it melts add the flour and cook a minute then whisk in sherry and reduce 30 seconds then whisk in stock then preserves. Season the gravy with a little black pepper. Serve chops with gravy ladled over top and rhubarb chutney along side.