Sesame Soba Noodles
- 1/2 pound soba, or whole-wheat linguine or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- One 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 small bunch scallions, very thinly sliced on an angle
- 3 tablespoons mixed black sesame seeds and toasted white sesame seeds
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the soba and cook until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, combine the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic in a large bowl. Whisk in the olive oil. Add the edamame, carrots, scallions and soba to the bowl and toss to combine. Garnish with the sesame seeds.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.