Sliced Chili Rubbed Flank Steak on Spicy Rice with Shrimp and Guacamole Stacks
- 2 to 2 1/4 pounds flank steak
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grill seasoning, a palm full and a half
- 1 tablespoons dark Mexican chili powder, a palm full
- 1 lime, zested
- Cooking spray or oil to coat grill or grill pan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, eyeball it
- 1 pound small to medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 ripe beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Hass avocados, halved, scooped from skin and sliced
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso Asadero
Preheat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to high. Rub the meat with a mixture of grill seasoning, chili powder and the lime zest. Let meat stand 10 minutes. Grease grill surface then add meat and cook 7 to 8 minutes on the first side, 5 to 6 minutes on the flip side for medium doneness.
For the rice, heat a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Add butter, and when melted add rice and toast for a couple of minutes. Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic and cook for a few minutes to begin to soften the veggies. Add stock and raise heat to bring up to a bubble. Stir in the tomato paste and hot sauce. Reduce heat to simmer, cover the pot and cook 18 minutes, until rice is tender. Add shrimp to the pot in the last 5 minutes of cooking. The shrimp will steam on top of the rice. Cook the shrimp until pink and firm. Combine the seafood and cilantro into the rice and season with salt, to taste.
Season sliced tomatoes with salt and dress the avocado with lemon juice. Make 4 stacks alternating the tomatoes with avocado and onions.
Slice the steaks and serve on a bed of shrimp rice, the guacamole stacks alongside. Garnish the guacamole stacks with cheese crumbles.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Spinach-Feta Rice Pilaf, Sliced Steak with Oregano Sauce, and Broiled Tomatoes with Parsley, Kiawe-Grilled Flank Steak and Spicy Green Papaya Salad, Grilled Flank Steak with Cebollitas (Grilled Green Onions), London Broil Recipes, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes