Smoked Cheddar Quesadillas with Yellow Tomato Salsa and Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
- 3 yellow tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves, a handful
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves, a palm full
- Coarse salt
- Cilantro Lime Sour Cream:
- 2 cups sour cream or reduced fat sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, 2 handfuls
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound smoked white cheddar cheese (preferred brand Cabot Vermont Smoked Cheddar)
- 1/2 pound jalapeno pepper Jack cheese
- 4 (12-inch) flour tortillas
Combine chopped tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, mint and cilantro in a small bowl and season generously with salt. Toss salsa and set aside. Combine sour cream, lime zest and juice and cilantro leaves in food processor and process until smooth and light green. Transfer to a small serving bowl. Sour cream can be used to top soup or quesadilla or both.
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil and corn and quickly toss to warm. Season corn with salt and pepper and transfer onto a plate. Shred your cheeses, wipe out your pan and return it to the stove top over medium high heat. Add a flour tortilla to the skillet. Cook 30 seconds, then flip tortilla. Cover half the surface of the tortilla generously with smoked cheddar, pepper Jack and 1/4 corn. Fold tortillas over and press down gently with a spatula. Turn tortilla a few times to melt cheese. Remove quesadilla from the skillet and cut into wedges. Top with salsa and sour cream.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.