Smoked Paprika Potato Wedges
- 18 small white potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grill seasoning or lots of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika, abut 2/3 palmful
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, grated or crushed into paste
- 3 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Put the potatoes in a large pot over medium heat and cover with water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Add salt, to taste, to the water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and put them, while hot, in a bowl. Add the extra-virgin olive oil and the grill seasoning and the paprika and toss to coat evenly. Arrange the potatoes on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet, so the heat can go all around the wedges. Roast until crisp, about 15 to 18 minutes.
Remove the potatoes from the oven to a platter. In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, garlic, chives and hot sauce. Serve the potatoes hot with the dipping sauce alongside.
For a change, try small sweet potato wedges, parboiled, then roasted in the same manner.