Spicy Not-Baked Beans
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon hot sauce, mild to spicy, eyeball it
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/3 palmful, eyeball it
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 2 handfuls (1/3 to 1/2 cup) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 cans butter beans, rinsed and drained well
- Salt and pepper
Combine the garlic, hot sauce, cumin, lemon juice, and extra-virgin olive oil in a bowl then add the chopped vegetables, parsley, and beans. Toss salad to coat in dressing and season liberally with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or chill up to 3 days.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.