- 1 pound spinach fettuccine
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus some to pass at table
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, a generous handful
Bring water for pasta to a boil. Salt the water add the pasta and cook to al dente, about 7 to 8 minutes. Use a vegetable peeler to make ribbons of carrot and zucchini. Keep the vegetables flat on counter and run the peeler the length of the vegetable. Drop the carrots and zucchini into the pasta water for the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat with extra-virgin olive oil and butter. Saute the shallots and garlic 3 to 4 minutes then add peas and heat through, 2 minutes, stir in wine, reduce for half a minute and stir in stock. Toss drained pasta and vegetables with the sauce, season with salt and pepper, and combine with cheese and parsley.