T-Bone Steaks with Chopped Green Garni, Broiled Tomatoes with Cheese, Olives and Herbs
- 6 (1-inch-thick) T-bone steaks
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 6 vine-ripe tomatoes, tops removed, seeds scooped out
- Salt and pepper
- 3 slices good quality bread, crusts trimmed, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup pitted good quality green or black olives, a couple of handfuls
- 3 handfuls flat-leaf parsley tops
- 5 to 6 stems fresh sage, stripped
- 3/4 cup grated Romano, 3 handfuls
- 2 cups arugula, chopped
- 1 cup (20 leaves) shredded or torn basil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Preheat a large griddle or large skillet over high heat. Brush the meat with extra-virgin olive oil, you'll need about 1/4 cup. Sear the steaks 2 minutes on each side, 3 at a time. Arrange steaks on baking sheet. When steaks are all seared off, transfer to oven and roast 5 to 6 minutes for medium doneness, subtract or add 2 minutes to that time for medium- rare to medium-well.
Place tomatoes on a broiler pan and season with salt and pepper. Combine the bread, olives, parsley, sage and Romano in the food processor and pulse grind the mixture. Dress the mixture with some extra-virgin olive oil salt and pepper and fill the tomatoes.
Serve steaks with greens on top and broiled tomatoes alongside.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali