- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beer or chicken stock
- Handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped, for garnish
Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, the hot and sweet peppers, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste. Saute the onion mixture until crisp-tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, cook 2 minutes. Add the beer or stock and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter, garnish with cilantro and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.