Tomato and Vidalia Onion Salad with Steak Sauce Dressing
At Peter Luger's Steak House you can order the sliced beef steak tomatoes and thick cut vidalia onions. There, you can pour Luger Sauce[ all over everything, including this salad. This is a quick salad dressing that tastes like tangy steak sauce. Try it on this salad or your next steak!]
- 1/4 red wine vinegar
- 3 rounded tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper, eyeball it
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 3 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large Vidalia onion, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, to garnish
In a small saucepan over moderate heat combine vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire and pepper. Allow sugar to dissolve in vinegar and liquids to come to a bubble. Remove sauce from heat and whisk in tomato sauce, then extra-virgin olive oil. Let dressing stand.
Arrange sliced tomatoes and onions on a serving platter. Season tomatoes and onions with salt, to taste. Pour dressing over the tomatoes and onions and garnish with chopped parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse