Tri Colore Salad with Fennel
- 2 bulbs endive, trimmed and sliced
- 2 hearts romaine, trimmed and chopped
- 2 radicchio, cored and sliced
- 1 large bulb fennel and a few fronds fronds chopped, fennel cored and thinly sliced
- 1 navel orange
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, eyeball it
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
Combine all the lettuces in a large salad bowl. Place fennel fronds in a small bowl. Zest the orange over the fronds and add the shallot. Add the vinegar to the shallots and let stand 10 minutes. Peel the orange and chop it. Add the sliced fennel and oranges to the salad. Whisk extra-virgin olive oil into dressing to combine. Dress salad, toss and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.