Veal Rolls with Pancetta
- 1 pound veal scaloppine from the butcher counter
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, a couple of handfuls
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound smoked fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 (16 to 18-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1/3 pound pancetta, sliced like thin cut bacon at deli counter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 1 clove cracked garlic
- 1 (10-ounce) sack baby spinach or triple washed spinach leaves
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup white wine or dry vermouth
Arrange scaloppine on waxed paper or plastic. Sprinkle veal with parsley, salt and pepper. Place a thin layer of cheese and a few slices of roasted pepper on each scaloppine. Roll veal and wrap each roll with a slice of pancetta. Secure with toothpicks.
Fry veal rolls in a thin layer of extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, until golden all over and pancetta is crisp, 5 or 6 minutes. Remove from pan to warm platter. Return skillet to heat. Add a drizzle of oil and cracked garlic. Wilt spinach in pan, add a touch of wine or vermouth to lift drippings and combine them with greens. Using tongs, place a bed of spinach on each dinner plate and top with veal rolls. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Veal Rolls with Lemon and Mushrooms: Involtini di Vitello al Limone, Veal Pockets in the Style of Valle d'Aosta: Portafoglie alla Valdostana, Braised Veal Shank with Marjoram: Stinco di Vitello, Easy Grilling, Prime Rib Recipes, Easy Southwestern, Pork Shoulder Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes