Veal Scaloppini with Wine, Mushroom and Green Olive
- 3/4 pound linguini
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 4 turns of the pan, plus some for drizzling
- 3 slices pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 16 crimini mushrooms or button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 pound veal scaloppini, cut into 1-inch strips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 16 pitted, large green olives, coarsely chopped
- A handful chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Romano, a couple of handfuls
Place pasta water on to boil and cook linguini 8 minutes, to al dente in salted water. Drain and reserve. Keep warm.
Preheat a large, heavy skillet over medium to medium high heat. Add 1 turn of the pan or 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and the pancetta or bacon. Cook pancetta or bacon 1 to 2 minutes alone, then add onions and cook another 2 or 3 minutes. Add mushrooms to the pan and cook together with the onions 3 to 5 minutes.
Season veal strips with salt and pepper. In a second skillet preheated over medium high heat, add 1 1/2 turns of extra-virgin olive oil and 1 clove smashed garlic. Quick-fry half of the veal searing each side of the strips 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer cooked veal strips and garlic to a plate and repeat. Add all of the cooked strips and garlic to the onions and mushrooms then add wine to the pan and lift up all of the drippings. Cook wine down to evaporate the alcohol about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir olives and parsley into veal and mushrooms. Serve portions of veal, mushrooms and green olives on a bed of hot linguini tossed with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, butter and grated cheese.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Veal Roulade with Crabmeat, Mushroom and Spinach Stuffing and Perigourdine Sauce, Braised Veal Shank with Marjoram: Stinco di Vitello, Pan Seared Veal Rib Eyes with Prosciutto and Fontina, Cheese Ball Recipes, Olive, Gnocchi Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes, Panna Cotta Recipes, Chicken Piccata Recipes