- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 zucchini, diced
- 1/4 yellow squash, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, half a palm full
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, 1 /3 palm full
- 2 1/4 cups couscous
- 1 vine ripe plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons each chopped cilantro and flat-leaf parsley
- Mediterranean flat bread, for passing
Heat a large sauce pot over medium high heat. Add oil, bay leaf, onion, zucchini and yellow squash to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Saute, stirring frequently, 7 or 8 minutes. Add pumpkin and broth to the pan and stir to combine. Add cumin and coriander. Bring broth to a boil. Add couscous to the broth, stir, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove lid from the pot and fluff couscous with a fork. Remove bay from the pan, add finely chopped tomato, cilantro and parsley, toss again with fork to combine and transfer to a serving platter. Serve with warm Mediterranean flat breads.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.