Veggie Sticks and Pesto Dipping Sauce
- 4 ribs celery, cut into sticks or, store bought precut celery sticks
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks, or 10 ounce store bought package carrot sticks
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips lengthwise
- 8 thin scallions, trimmed
- 1/2 zucchini, cut into sticks
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley tops
- 1 clove garlic, cracked away from skin
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, a couple of handfuls
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut and arrange veggie sticks on platter. If you want to cut down on chopping, many veggies can be store bought already cleaned and cut for dipping.
In a food processor, combine basil, parsley, garlic, lemon zest and juice and grind into a paste. Add nuts and cheese and grind again to combine them into the paste. Pulse in the olive oil until it is combined. Transfer to a small dish and season the sauce with salt and pepper, to your taste. Set dipping bowl on veggie platter and serve.