- Chicken filling:
- 26 ounces skinned, boneless chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, minced
- 1/2 cup soybean oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- Fresh black pepper
- Wrapping mixture:
- 10 large rice paper wrappers
- 1 package rice noodles, soaked in warm water until softened and drained
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into 3/4-inch lengths
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup pickled daikon, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 bunch basil, cleaned and leaves picked
- 1 bunch mint , cleaned and leaves picked
- 1/2 bunch parsley, cleaned and leaves picked
- Dipping Sauce, recipe follows
Wash chicken breasts and pat dry. Combine all ingredients for the filling in a bowl, mix well and cover. Marinate for about 1 hour at room temperature. Preheat a grill. Grill chicken in pieces (cut to preference) until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
Soak the wrappers, 1 at a time, in warm water until softened. Remove from the water and pat dry. Fill each wrapper with the chicken and all of the toppings. Roll the wrapper once over the filling. Tuck in the ends and roll completely. Press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
Serve with dipping sauce.Dipping Sauce:
2 to 3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 to 2 fresh chile peppers, minced
4 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice or lemon juice
5 tablespoons white vinegar
5 to 7 tablespoons fish sauce
1/4 cup coconut juice
Combine all ingredients.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.