Warm Spinach Salad
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon or 4 slices pancetta, chopped
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 pounds triple washed spinach, stems removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered lengthwise
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, for topping
Heat the olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add bacon to skillet and brown, reserve the crispy bacon bits and add the shallots and garlic to the pan. Cook 3 to 4 minutes then deglaze the pan with vinegar, turn spinach into pan and wilt down a bit but do not fully cook the spinach, just give it a few turns with tongs. Season the greens with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Place spinach on a serving dish and top with quartered eggs, shavings of cheese and reserved bacon bits.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.