- 1/2 seedless cucumber
- 2 small plum tomatoes
- 1 shallot or 1/4 red onion, finely chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus a drizzle
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- Seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
On a cutting board, dice cucumber into 1/4-inch pieces - to peel or not to peel is up to you. Seed and dice the tomatoes into 1/4-inch pieces. Combine the cucumber, tomatoes and half of the shallots or red onion in bowl and reserve.
In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, sugar, and white wine vinegar and remaining half of the shallots. Stream in extra-virgin olive oil while continuing to whisk. Stir in dill and season dressing with salt and pepper, to taste.
Season the salmon with seafood seasoning and a little black pepper. Heat a nonstick skillet with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Place salmon rounded side down and cook until golden and a little crispy at edges, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook 2 minutes more for a pink center, 4 minutes for opaque fish.
Transfer salmon to dinner or serving plates, top with the cucumber-tomato relish and cover with a liberal amount of dill dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Jamie Oliver