This sangria takes five to 10 minutes to assemble in a large pitcher. Take the time to prepare it in the morning so the sangria has several[ hours to develop its fruity flavor. Pull it out when dinner is ready to serve that evening.]
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 shots Calvados or other apple liquor
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 3 ripe green apples seeded and cut into wedges
- 1 bottle white Rioja Spanish wine or other dry white wine
- 1 pint raspberries
- Sparkling soda water, for topping off glasses of sangria at table
Combine sugar, Calvados, lime, lemon, peaches and apples in a large pitcher. Cover with 1 bottle of Rioja wine and chill sangria several hours. To serve, spoon fruits into glasses or goblets, adding a few fresh raspberries in each glass, pour wine over top of the fruit. Top glasses of sangria off with a splash of soda water and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.