This sangria takes five to 10 minutes to assemble in a large pitcher. Take the time to prepare it in the morning so the sangria has several hours to develop its fruity flavor. Pull it out when dinner is ready to serve that evening.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 shots Calvados or other apple liquor
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 3 ripe green apples seeded and cut into wedges
- 1 bottle white Rioja Spanish wine or other dry white wine
- 1 pint raspberries
- Sparkling soda water, for topping off glasses of sangria at table
Combine sugar, Calvados, lime, lemon, peaches and apples in a large pitcher. Cover with 1 bottle of Rioja wine and chill sangria several hours. To serve, spoon fruits into glasses or goblets, adding a few fresh raspberries in each glass, pour wine over top of the fruit. Top glasses of sangria off with a splash of soda water and serve.