Radicchio Salad with Easy Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 16 ounces no sugar added Italian dressing (recommended: Paul Newman's)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- 1 head radicchio lettuce, washed
- 1 bag fancy lettuce mix with herbs
- 2 Roma tomatoes, each cut into 4 wedges, optional
- 8 ounces hearts of palm, whole sticks
- 1 tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced green bell pepper
To a blender, add the Italian dressing, 1/2 of the raspberries, and the sugar substitute, and blend for a minute until smooth.
Line a bowl or plate with whole radicchio leaves and pile high the lettuce mix in the center. Cut a tomato into 4 wedges and place around the plate in a starburst fashion with a heart of palm stick in between each. Sprinkle with minced bell peppers. Pour raspberry vinaigrette over the salad and top with a few fresh raspberries. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of George Stella