- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces lasagnette or other long ribbon pasta
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 large tomatoes, halved crosswise and cored
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 bell pepper (any color), cut into 8 strips
- 2 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 Japanese eggplant, sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 3/4 cup fresh basil and/or parsley, chopped, plus more for topping
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta.
Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over high heat. Stuff the garlic slices into the cut sides of each tomato, then sprinkle with the red pepper flakes, and salt to taste; drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Grill the tomatoes and pepper strips, skin-side down, until charred and tender, about 10 minutes; transfer to a cutting board.
Brush the zucchini and eggplant slices lightly with olive oil; season with salt. Grill until marked and tender, about 5 minutes per side. Roughly chop the tomatoes and transfer to a large pot; cook over medium-high heat, 3 minutes. Roughly chop the remaining grilled vegetables and add to the pot along with the herbs and the remaining olive oil.
Add the pasta to the pot and cook, tossing, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add some of the reserved pasta water to loosen, if needed. Divide among bowls; top with the goat cheese and more herbs.
Per serving: Calories 602; Fat 25 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 7 mg; Sodium 76 mg; Carbohydrate 81 g; Fiber 7 g; Protein 18 g
Photograph by Justin Walker
More Recipes and Ideas:
Round 2 Recipe - Chicken and Ratatouille Pasta, Pick-a-Pepper Pasta (Bucatini with Hot and Sweet and Pickled Peppers Sauce), Whole-Wheat Pasta with Broccolini and Feta, Salisbury Steak Recipes, Stuffed Shells Recipes, Burrito Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Dinner Recipes